Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It Was You by Anna Cruise - An Excerpt

Okay. So we're getting close to the release date. Until then - here's a short excerpt:


“Maybe I should come up there,” he said.
“No,” I said. “You shouldn't. I need to get Tana settled and if you were here, I'd just be distracted.”
The line buzzed. “Distracted how?”
I smiled. “Looking at you. Kissing you. Touching you. Thinking about getting you alone. That kind of distracted.”
“That actually doesn't sound bad to me at all.”
“Stop. I'll be back before you know it.”
“Any chance you'd come back early? Like tomorrow?”
I sighed. I wanted to say yes, that I'd hurry back and lie down with him and do all of the things that had been racing through my mind for the last several days. I wanted him to wrap his arms around me, whisper in my ear and make the rest of the world disappear. But I wasn't going to bail on Tana. I could handle a weekend. I didn't want to disappoint him, though.
“I would say there's a minimal chance,” I said, choosing to straddle the line. “If I can get her settled and calmed down and show her that life won't end with crazy roommates, then maybe. But is it likely? No. I'll probably be here until Sunday.”
He sighed loudly through the phone. “I liked the minimal chance better.”
“Me too.”
“So try then,” he said. “Try to make it okay for her. So you can come home to me.”
“I'll try,” I said. “But no promises.”
“Because I'm gonna go stir crazy without you.”
“You can find things to keep you busy,” I said.
“I want you to keep me busy.”


Ready for more?

IT WAS YOU will be available on Amazon by the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment